July 21, 2006

Earworms

Filed under: musical challenge — lexifab @ 1:11 pm

Songs I am currently unable to get out of my brain:

• Goodbye Yellow Brick Road – Elton John and/or whoever did that cover on Like a Version
  • Paradise by the Dashboard Light – Meat Loaf
  • Apple Sauce – Spit
  • Can’t Get you Out of My Head – Kylie Bloody Minogue

Not sure what that says, but I do know that nothing remotely current has penetrated my mental firewall of late.

What’s stuck on repeat in your heads, then?

1. Spitting Games by Snow Patrol is still getting a bit of a run around my brain. Which, frankly, could be far worse*.

Is Kylie Bloody Minogue any relation to Kev Bloody Wilson?

* Ferinstance M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!
    Oh, wait a sec…ah crap!

Comment by Da simonster — July 21, 2006 @ 3:02 pm

2. “Heart full of Black”. Actually, it’s whatever Guitar Hero song I played last, but often as not it comes back to Heart full of Black.

Comment by Andrew — July 22, 2006 @ 1:25 pm

3. “Smile” by Lily Alen… mixed mashup style with “Halellujah” (the version done by the Dresden Dolls, I think.) But I think the Sarah Blasco version of ‘Goodbye Yellow Brick Road’ will be in there, too, now.
    hmmm…
    what does that say about *me*!

Comment by emmajeans — July 23, 2006 @ 8:46 am

4. Well, until you asked…nothing. But now, see above. Telling people what you have stuck in your head is a meme (at least in my experience). Viral music.

Comment by Jenny — July 24, 2006 @ 10:35 am

5. Andrew – as of this weekend, Guitar Hero has infected me with “Ziggy Stardust”. And I”m trying hard not to think about “No One Knows” by Queens of the Stone Age, on the grounds that it may give me nightmares.

Comment by lexifab — July 24, 2006 @ 10:48 am

6. Two words… “Postman Pat”

Comment by Versache — July 24, 2006 @ 9:51 pm

7. The usual: “Boy from Ipanema” and “Jeannie’s Diner”.

If you can’t hear your inner monologue over your earworm, try blasting it with a few lines of “You Weren’t In Love With Me”. (Standing on the Out-SIDE!)

Comment by Xopher — July 24, 2006 @ 10:56 pm

8. Xopher – that’s surprising effective!

Comment by lexifab — July 26, 2006 @ 3:10 pm