September 2, 2008

Message to my guildies

Filed under: Games — lexifab @ 1:05 pm

This year the MMO of choice has been The Lord of the Rings online: Shadows of Angmar. For a good long while, Thursday nights were devoted to the pursuit and pummelling of Sauron’s foul minions and the procurement of Phat Lewts with evocative Tolkeinist names like Kel’shalast and Gringmar’s Reaver. Lately though, the wheels have fallen off due to various impediments to one or more participants in our little Fellowship – connection issues, graphics card explosions, schedule clashes, looming doctoral thesis deadlines, what have you. The usual scheduling SNAFUs that shred regular gaming once adult responsibilities creep into one’s life.

But I just want to note to my estranged guildmates that, barring unforeseen disasters, I expect mutton-chopped hero guardian of the Mannish folk Flashman to be found hanging about in Rivendell or that ruin full of rangers (um, oh, yeah, Esteldin!), looking expectant!

1. Having thwarted the problems that kept me offline (house sitting) I shall also note that either the height challenged Bindlering (with the groovy new festival horse) or more likely the overweaponed hunter elf Berengil (complete with new blue dress) will be found lurking in the North Downs on Thursday…ready to kick butt – and get my fellow adventurers killed – oops, sorry about that.

Comment by Jenny — September 3, 2008 @ 1:11 pm

2. It wouldn’t be a proper run without Berry overdoing the aggro or Ormenel wandering off and pulling something in the middke of a battle! [grin]

Comment by lexifab — September 3, 2008 @ 5:15 pm

3. unforseen disasters intervened?

Comment by Jenny — September 4, 2008 @ 9:46 pm

4. We got back 6:30-ish from our week in coastal parts. I was keen, but the one of us who did all the driving just slumped wearily at me. Then young Elena wanted to use my computer and I wandered off and forgot all about posting a polite message to say what had happened to us 🙁

Comment by Chris Fellows — September 4, 2008 @ 10:38 pm

5. ‘Sokay. I polished off a couple of solo quests, satisfied my lotro itch and wandered off to watch the stargate atlantis season 4 box set that I bought yesterday.
    The advantage to having free to air tv channels that think SciFi is irrelevant is that I get a glut of shows to watch in one hit every year or so…with no breaks for adds!

Comment by jenny — September 5, 2008 @ 10:39 am

6. Hi Jenny – I got on there a little bit late (turns out there were a couple of gigantic patches I hadn’t counted on) and saw that you had been logged off for 4 minutes. I hung around expecting you’d come back, but alas!

(But I also got some solo quests done and then I was beaten up by a warg).

Comment by lexifab — September 5, 2008 @ 10:55 am

7. You know, patches didn’t even occur to me. But I do recall them now, come to think of it.

Comment by jenny — September 5, 2008 @ 2:48 pm

8. I was sort of surprised, and then I remembered that I hadn’t logged in for a week.

Comment by lexifab — September 5, 2008 @ 4:08 pm

9. Spore swallowed my soul, sorry.

Comment by Andrea — September 6, 2008 @ 11:24 am