September 15, 2009

Sick of being sick

Filed under: fitter/happier,joey — lexifab @ 10:25 am

I’m still sick. Fiona’s still sick. The Joey’s fine, but he’s pretty bored of having to hang around the house with a bunch of old sickies. I’m so sick of being sick that I’m ready to try Jenny’s probably-not-as-horrific-as-it-sounds cure (see comments from the previous post).

Probably among the worse things about being sick is that my tolerance for repetition of Wiggles songs is drastically reduced. I am listening to “Big Red Car” for probably the thirtieth time in the past fortnight, and I really don’t want to hear it again.

Might be time to start trying to engage the little feller’s interest in Pixar productions. I’m getting Monsters Inc off the shelf.

1. Good choice – monsters inc that is

Comment by jenny — September 15, 2009 @ 12:28 pm

2. Just be careful in that opening sequence, scary eyes under the bed freaks the little ones a bit in my experience. Toy Story FTW!!

Comment by Versache — September 15, 2009 @ 3:51 pm

3. Hmm and I think I just got your lurgy. I must go cut up an onion and stop frequenting plague ridden web sites

Comment by jenny — September 16, 2009 @ 10:10 am

4. Gazza, are you kidding? Toy Story scares the hell out of me! The bits with the mutant toys from next door are creepy as shit!

Comment by lexifab — September 16, 2009 @ 10:20 pm

5. This site has infected me as well. You probably ought to put some kind of heatlh warning on it. 🙁

And I agree re mutant toys from next door, if I get feverish I am sure I will see them crawling out from under the furniture later today…

Comment by Chris — September 17, 2009 @ 8:16 am

6. I tried the honey and onion – no lemon in the house. Not bad, just don’t breathe in while drinking. The onion makes the honey runny and removes the sweetness – but I couldn’t taste onion (as above – I could smell it). I added hot water and had some this morning.

Comment by jenny — September 17, 2009 @ 9:49 am

7. I have now tried it. I can’t speak to its efficacy, but it certainly didn’t kill me as I imagined it would, so cheers for that. My main issue now is that there is a muscle knot somewhere at the base of my skull that goes off like a grenade whenever I cough. I am sucking down anti-inflammatories and cough suppressants as fast as the stern warnings on the packaging will allow, but it’s only just holding it in check.

Comment by Lexifab — September 17, 2009 @ 12:51 pm

8. panafen plus is a nice muscle relaxant – nurofen and codeine from memory. It relaxes my eyestrain/muscle tension headaches really well. Perhaps you could add that to the mix and have a really interesting reaction

Comment by jenny — September 17, 2009 @ 6:02 pm

9. The other option is a migra-stick (lavender essential oil roll on) rubbed onto the back of the neck – fumes clear your sinuses too.

Comment by jenny — September 17, 2009 @ 6:04 pm

10. Baby sat my nephew on Sunday – He sang B.I.N.G.O repeatedly. He was complaining he couldn’t get it out of his head. Now I can’t either

Comment by jenny — September 22, 2009 @ 11:05 am

11. Here – something to suck your time away while you’re being sick (if it hasn’t already):

Comment by Andrea — September 22, 2009 @ 12:30 pm

12. FYI: lotro has another freebie play thing starting up for old gamers

Comment by jenny — October 16, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

13. What Jenny said. The Joey’s probably of an age to make his first Hunter and come pull all the mobs and ninja our lewtz!

Comment by His former Clamness — October 16, 2009 @ 1:12 pm

14. It’s sad how true that probably is…

Comment by Lexifab — October 17, 2009 @ 1:16 pm